LIFTOFF stands for: Local Institution For Transforming Our Footprint & Future. Our name in Japanese is 地域未来づくり研究所 (Chi-iki Mirai-zukuri Kenkyusho).
We were founded on November 16th, the anniversary date of UNESCO's foundation and the United Nations International Day of Tolerance, as a place for both research and hands-on practical work.
can picture a rocket being launched into space with the words "We Have Lift
All the people of every race, ethnicity and nationality around the world - rich and poor - are passengers on the same craft moving through space. We are all on board a rocket called Spaceship Earth.
Our director, Satomi Shintani, became familiar with this concept through the research of Political Scientist Nobuya Banba. Professor Banba also emphasized the importance of Thinking Globally and Acting Locally.
Our aim is to assist the cities, towns and villages of Japan take on the complex global issues of our time.
Organization Name: Chi-iki Mirai-zukuri Kenkyusho General Incorporated Association
English Name: LIFTOFF (Local Institution for Transforming Our Footprint & Future)
Representative Director: Satomi Shintani
Head Office: Higobashi Lucent Building 4F, 1-6-2 Kyomachibori, Nishi Ward, Osaka City 550-0003 Japan
The UNSECO constitution states that "The purpose of [UNESCO] is to contribute to peace and security by promoting collaboration among the nations through education, science and culture in order to further universal respect for justice, for the rule of law and for the human rights and fundamental freedoms which are affirmed for the peoples of the world, without distinction of race, sex, language or religion, by the Charter of the United Nations."
With this purpose in mind, LIFTOFF aims to assist and give practical guidance organizations achieve the Sustainable Development Goals with particular focus on the areas of rural revitalization and citizen welfare.
Details of Projects:
1. Study and Demonstration of activities to understand the Sustainable Development Goals including the SDGs Card Game
2. Advice on how to take concrete steps to focus on specific goals as part of the SDG Compass
3. Guidance for Interdisciplinary Studies focusing on a Sustainable Society including Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), Problem Based Learning (PBL), Social Impact, Social Innovation and Human Resource Management.
4. Hosting of conferences, seminars and study sessions
5. Publishing in Academic Journals
6. Marketing of products related to the projects described above.
Ancillary projects for all the items above.
Higobashi Lucent Building 4F,
Make An Enquiry
You can e-mail us directly: info [at] liftoffjapan.org